Followers

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Beautiful Relationships are Unsurpassed in Love with Builders & Not Bulldozers by Babs Kincaid

Beautiful Relationships Are Unsurpassed In Love

 With Builders & Not Bulldozers

By Babs Kincaid



      I feel that my most cherished friends and family use countless opportunities to build me up in my faith. Some of my favorite blessings are the valuable friendships that I have. My beloved friends and family add so much hope and enrichment to my life. Truly I see them as gifts from God! They have challenged me to overcome my fears and depend solely on God. I would give these positive supporters the worthy title “Builders.” God says it best: “Let all things be done for building up.” 1 Corinthians 14:26b Building others up is a Godly approach to keep your relationships healthy and not alienated.


Since I am a visual person the word builder strikes a distinct image to me of someone who adds value and enrichment to someone or something. Visualize a builder of a house constructing something worthwhile and useful. Picture a bulldozer in your mind. Contrast a builder with a bulldozer. A bulldozer demolishes something and makes it unusable! I have met some people who are quick to tear down people by their harsh criticism or bad behavior! The word bulldozer seems to suit them well! Each day, I have the choice to frame my words to sound like a builder or a bulldozer. I can use my words to destroy others or build them up. I can do the same with my behavior. Consider the wisdom of God in Proverbs 14:1 “The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish pulls it down with her hands.”

        Relationships are really important to God so no wonder he had so much to teach on the subject. God’s word says it best: “And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” Hebrews10:24-25 Clearly God wants us to behave like a builder rather than a bulldozer. I once knew a young guy who told me he was in a rocky relationship with a gal who treated him badly. He felt like he was used in the relationship for her selfish desires. He told me he wanted to get revenge and asked my opinion. I said walk away from her. The word says “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” Ephesians 4:29 I told him my take on builders and bulldozers. I asked him if he wanted to be remembered by God and others as a builder or a bulldozer. He said: “a builder of course!” So I told him if someone treats you badly move on and seek someone with character and integrity. Before I met my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ, I was just like that guy. If a guy treated me badly I would seek revenge big time. When you play the revenge game everyone suffers loss! The Bible is the best guide for relationships: “So then let us pursue what makes for peace and mutual upbuilding.” Romans 14:9 Builders finish first and bulldozers self-destruct to finish last! From God’s point of view, “mercy triumphs over judgment.” James 2:13

Would the people you know describe you as a builder or a bulldozer? If someone wrote your biography would this verse “Therefore encourage one another and build up one another.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11 define you? Fall in love with the Master Builder Jesus and he will show you the best way!



No comments:

Post a Comment