Followers

Friday, September 16, 2016

Don’t limit God when creating Bodacious dreams by Babs Kincaid



        Adventurous and magnificent are God’s plans and in contrast, my plans are safe and humble. Spend a night star gazing if you need to believe God’s creative plans are excellent! Hmm…Knowing that, which ones do you think I select when building my plans and dreams? No brainer the safe and humble ones! Duh! Presently, I am in the process of changing that unworkable choice. When I look back at my life I want to see a beautiful painting not a paint by number canvas! My plans fall short and God’s plans reach to the skies!


Why do I limit God???? The answer is easy FEAR!!!!! The unknown is big and scary to me! I have no control over the unknown and invisible world! I am powerless over the supernatural world of God! But what does God say about FEAR? For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 1 Timothy 1:7 Check out this incredible verse: but the righteous are as bold as a lion. Proverbs 28:1 What if I am in over my head? That’s why Jesus is called the Lifesaver! “He has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,2 Timothy 1:9 Did you get the hook “because of his own purpose and grace” he saved us? God has a glorious purpose for us and a provision of grace to carry it out! We have God’s Spirit living inside of us to keep us on the right path: “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” 1John 4:4

Consider the intriguing and romantic Bible story of Mary and Joseph from Matthew 1. “This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 1:18 Joseph was betrothed to Mary. He found out that Mary was pregnant before they were to officially live together! The definition of biblical betrothal: “The period of engagement preceding marriage; betrothal was a binding contract established between two families and sealed by the exchange of gifts. During this period the couple did not live together; sexual relations with each other at this stage was regarded as equivalent to adultery.”(www.BibleGateway.com betrothal 5654) Back in Bible times it was a huge stigma and frowned upon situation! Women were stoned to death! Joseph decided to be noble and divorce her privately. “Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.” Matthew 1:19b That seemed like a reasonable alternative to Joseph. Did you catch the word disgrace in that verse! That meant all Hell would break loose on young Mary! This was Mary’s predicament: “If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.” Deuteronomy 22:20-21 It made perfect sense, Joseph didn’t want Mary publically shamed! However, that was not God’s plan for Joseph to divorce her.

It would take a huge leap of faith for Joseph to trust God with such a huge impediment standing in the way of his sacred marriage. FEAR was knocking at Joseph’s door and he had to shake it off if he was ever going to follow God’s design for his life. To fulfill his dream for love and marriage Joseph had to trust God. Joseph had to fully surrender to God. Joseph chose God’s best plan rather than his own for the greatest life! Joseph married the girl of his dreams!

What does fully surrender to God look like? Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.” Romans 12:1 I have to openly and boldly pray that God would take over the leadership of my plans and dreams. I have to let go of my plans and dreams in exchange for His plans and dreams! If I want God’s perfect plans and dreams for my life I have to get out of the way! I have to ask God what his plans and dreams are for me and I have to be quiet and listen. I have to pray: 'Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.” 1 Samuel 3:9 I have to be in an undistracted place and I have to focus on God! I have to not be in a hurry. For God’s best I have to get into agreement with Him! Check out God’s reassuring response I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go: I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” Psalm 32:8 Did you notice God has a loving eye on you? You can limit God or let go and let the God who calls the stars by name shine in your life!


Photo by NC Photographer Alan Ostmann

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was Beautiful, informative and inspiring! I need find that quiet place and be still and let God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea God! I am a work in progress myself! Thanks for your encouragement! All the glory goes to God! Praying for both of us to have more quality time with God!

      Delete