Followers

Friday, October 14, 2016

More Gratitude Not Attitude Spotlights God’s Genuine Ambassador by Babs Kincaid

More Gratitude Not Attitude Spotlights

 Gods Genuine Ambassador

by Babs Kincaid




It was time for a renewal trip to Islamorada, Florida Keys and I wanted God to bless every minute of my magical getaway trip with a dear sister in Christ. I love, love, love going to this tropical oasis! My mind, body, and spirit needed recharging. I wanted God’s presence and blessings on the trip so I earnestly invited Him to have His way in all of it. “In his presence is the fullness of joy.” Colossians 3:17 I wanted God to dwell in the center of it. I also intensely prayed for God’s insight. Additionally, I asked God, “What do I need to work on while I am away?” God always nails it when you ask Him for guidance! I heard a quiet voice say to me, “You need more gratitude and less attitude!” Wow, God went straight to the point, He didn’t sugar coat it! I knew He was right! “I will praise the Lord who counsels me.” Psalm 16:7 I was already pumped up for the trip so hearing from God was the sparkling inspiration that I needed! Sometimes life gets so challenging and heavy, I lose my focus and forget who I am. Duh! I am a child of God living in a foreign place on a journey to my Heavenly home! “But our citizenship is in Heaven.” Philippians 3:20a Yea God!

My mind and heart needed a tune-up to be more thankful and less fault finding! I have a plaque in my home which reads “Count your blessings” and I purposed on my trip to start doing that more often. Knowing that God gave me His wisdom for my benefit and not for my discouragement made me very thankful! I purposed to look for things to say thank you God and dismiss things that made me angry, bitter and resentful! “Let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God.” Hebrews 13:15 Frances Frangipane once said, “The thankful heart sees the best part of every situation.” That sounds like Jesus to me! Harry Ironside said, “Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.” My favorite quote is this one by Andrew Murray “Thanksgiving will draw our hearts out to God and keep us engaged with Him; it will take our attention from ourselves and give the Spirit room in our hearts.” That is how I want to live so thankful in my heart that I am drawn to God and deeply engaged with Him!


Faro Blanco Lighthouse, Islamorada, Florida Keys

I knew this trip to the Keys was a gift from God! “For every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights…” James 1:17 Someone near and dear to me who wished to remain anonymous paid for my lavish lodging, meals, and expenses! Since I am a single mom with a modest job, such a luxury trip would be out of the question! God so often uses humble people and generous people to bless me to the moon and back! Yea God! It was pure joy to be on island time and be laid back and chill out! It was pure bliss to not be stressed or in a hurry! It was purely delightful to be able to listen to a live musician playing Jimmy Buffet music, with an ocean breeze while eating delectable food! Now you know you can’t go to the Keys and not eat some divine Key Lime pie! Yes, I did eat some Heavenly pie! It was an impressive gift and a Heaven drop mile marker forever in my life!

Even great composers have been characterized by reflecting more gratitude and less attitude. Patrick Kavanaugh in his book “Spiritual Moments with the Great Composers” told the story of Austrian composer Franz Joseph Haydn. “His joyful attitude was not the result of a life free of obstacles. He was born in poverty, had a difficult marriage, and worked hard to make a living, yet he never let trying circumstances darken his enthusiastic nature or weaken his faith.”  “Blessed are those who acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord. They rejoice in your name all day long;” Psalm 89:15-16a I want to be able to shake off the negative circumstances and people and rejoice in God’s presence each day!

Sometimes I need a wake-up call from God when I become complacent and just forget my calling and purpose in life. I forget I am an ambassador for Christ and here to shine a light that reflects my Heavenly Father! I get hung up in the worldly call to just do my own thing and murmur when things don’t go my way! One of my favorite Bible verses is Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.” Isaiah 60:1 So it’s time for you and me to shine because our light has come and the glory of the LORD is on us!

Now is our Time to Shine

“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment