Followers

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Scripture claiming Salvation for your children by Babs Kincaid


The secret of life is discovering that “To live is Christ” Philippians 1:21 and that is what every follower of Christ wants for their children. The abundant life is not in acquiring stuff, or status, but in salvation by a personal relationship with Jesus Christ! At the top of most parents, prayer request list is salvation for their children. Without a relationship with Jesus Christ, life is a meaningless journey in the wilderness ending in eternal death in hell. Jesus said: “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.” John 5:24

I have collected a short list of powerful scripture to claim for your children. It is written, “The fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” James 5:16b I am grateful for God’s gift of the righteousness of Christ. “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” 2 Corinthians 6:21
The time is short and the war is intensely raging for the souls of our children. The war between light and darkness or between the Kingdom of God and the kingdom of Satan is growing hotter. Jesus said: “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10 Satan is often referred to as the “thief” in scripture.

My heart’s desire is that our children and our families would be reconciled to God. “Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ,” 2 Corinthians 5:18

“Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” 2 Corinthians 6:2b



Claim these scriptures on behalf of your children:

 “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,” Psalm 127:3

“Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.”  Proverbs 22:6

Jesus said: “He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;” Luke 4:18b
“Thus says the Lord who made you And formed you from the womb, who will help you: ‘Fear not,..I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, And My blessing on your offspring; They will spring up among the grass Like willows by the watercourses.’ One will say, I am the Lord’s’; Another will write with his hand, ‘The Lord’s,” Isaiah 44:2-6

“Jesus said to him, “If you can believe all things are possible to him who believes.” .., “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” Mark 9:23-24

 Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?” John 11:40

“I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.3 John 4

“And what does the Lord require of you?  To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?” Micah 6:8

 “But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15b 

“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh, and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.” Ezekiel 36:26-27

“He who fears the LORD has a secure fortress and for his children, it will be a refuge.” Proverbs 14:26

“ But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,  and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.” 2 Timothy 3:14-15

Billy Graham once said these chilling words:
“Suppose you could gain everything in the whole world and lost your soul. Was it worth it?”

So as the scripture says: “Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17 God delights in your prayers and is faithful to respond. The good news is the Good Shepherd, Jesus is relentless to go on a search and rescue for the lost sheep! Jesus said in a parable: “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me I have found my sheep which was lost. I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in Heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.” Luke 15:6b-7   

Pray and watch the Lord give you glorious hope for despair!




No comments:

Post a Comment